Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Beautiful God/En Gedi

Reveal Your presence,

And let the vision and Your beauty kill me,

Behold the malady

Of love is incurable

Except in Your presence and before Your face - Stanza XI, Spiritual Canticle of the Soul and the Bridegroom Christ, John of the Cross

How beautiful our God is! I think it's such an incredible fact of love that even though we have never seen him, we absolutely know he is gorgeous and lovely and adorable. We already know him spiritually, and we know he is wonderful and beautiful. Someone with as beautiful of a Spirit as he must be lovely. .
How beautiful you are, my darling! Oh, how beautiful! Your eyes behind your veil are doves...You have stolen my heart with one glance of your eyes, with one jewel of your necklace... Your plants are an orchard of pomegranates with choice fruits. Song of Songs 4:1,9,13

Jesus is just the most incredible Person ever. He is wonderful and lovely and gorgeous. He takes my breath away and makes my heart race. He is wonderful altogether. He is a garden of delights.

You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand - Psalm 16:11

Jesus is so open and loving and vulnerable to us when we love him. He lets us come into him and enjoy him and worship him and give ourselves to him. I think it might be him calling to us in Song of Songs 4:16 to come and enjoy him and worship him:

Awake, north wind, and come, south wind! Blow on my garden, that its fragrance may spread everywhere. Let my beloved come into his garden and taste its choice fruits.

There is no joy or pleasure or happiness greater than worshiping our Lover Jesus Christ. He is amazing and beautiful and adorable. I love how in a world of dryness, a world of desertification, we have an Oasis in the Spirit with which to refresh ourselves. Like flowers from the oasis En Gedi, so our God is oh so enjoyable to us in a world that appears more like the Sahara.

My beloved is to me a cluster of henna blossoms from the vineyards of En Gedi. - Song of Songs 1:14 (NIV)

http://cache.virtualtourist.com/2168479-View_from_the_window_Ein_Gedi_Youth_Hostel-En_Gedi.jpg

Just as in Psalm 63:1, Oh God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you, my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and thirsty land where there is no water.

No comments:

Post a Comment