Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Catharsis/Writing

http://faithwriters.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/writers-block1.jpg


We are finally not sick (at least not that much). Hahaha! In retrospect, my last post was premature. We got much more sick. My wife contracted Scarlet Fever (we think). I got gout (or if not gout, my feet were retaining a TON of water). Our fevers went up once more. And then we were better :) And the storm has almost passed. Wow. God had grace on us.

And so now we're in this place of rest. A month of time to spend in God and family. Finals are over. The sickness is gone. And so the other day, my wife and I went to a really cool coffeehouse in town. I got a three shot decaf Americano and my wife got a cup of granola and we drove around town and in the countryside and talked. It was great :) And I realized how badly I wanted to write a book. I've been wanting to do that for years and years, but never really had the time before. And now I do. And so now I think I'm going to do that. And maybe if it's God's will, I'll have a book in some publisher's hands by the time I graduate and I can do what I've always wanted to do: write about God's love. I really hope this works out and that it's God's will. If it's not, it's okay too :) But I'm going to start working on it and hopefully finish most of it by the time winter break is done.

Do you ever feel like life goes really fast? And each day there are like a thousand memories, but then the day is gone. And a new day begins and a thousand new wonderful memories. But at the center of it all you know that God is the center beam in this whirl of beauty but it's so hard to hold onto him because sometimes he's not there; he's elusive (remember Isaiah saying God you truly are a God who hides himself). He's not tangible, yet. And he stretches across time and as badly as we want to also, we can't. We wish too and in Heaven probably will (John 10:34, Psalm 82:6, we are really gods and goddesses) and we probably were meant too (Ecclesiastes 3:11, God has set eternity in our hearts-both desires and stretching through time and so being like God,1 John 3:2)

But it's still hard here, wishing and waiting on him. That's why I want to write a book and what I want to write it about. Hopefully, it will be Jesus' will! We'll see!

And if I get writer's block, I'll just clean the house! (it actually helps. haha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment