Thursday, December 16, 2010

Resting In His Words

This is has been a tough week. I'm fighting through finals week and tonight is my last night to study. Rewind back to Sunday night, my daughter was in a lot of pain because of her tooth. I was walking her in the kitchen to help her sleep. It was like 4am. I was tired. And I heard God say, "I've given you the strength to get through this." In hind sight, I had NO idea what was going to happen. I thought that was the worst of it. Haha. Nope. And the only reason I got through it was because of his words.

The next night, my sweet little girl got a cold. A bad one :( And late nights studying interspersed with times of comfort for my darling daughter turned into bedtime (for me) at 6 am! And I was working the 1:30-3 and 4-5:30 am comfort shifts with my beautiful wife taking the other times. When I wasn't helping her, I was studying. And boy, oh boy, it came down hard on my body. By Wednesday, my wife and I catch her cold. It hits us hard. We both are badly sleep deprived and there's also the hard pressure of finals. And throughout the days and nights, there have come several moments where I think to myself, "This is too much. It's beyond me. I can't do it." And then those words God spoke to me pop in my head. I've given you the strength to get through this. I really didn't have the slightest clue when Jesus said that to me Sunday night how badly I needed to hear those words from him. I passed in and out of consciousness tonight as my wife played with my daughter. And I woke up, feeling not good, but I felt a renewed strength and determination to finish what we started. I'm so close to graduating next spring. And I need to pass these last classes this week and next Spring and I'm done. God helped me finish the race.

As we all know, the romance with our Beloved Jesus is not always a wonderful ecstasy. Sometimes we have to go through the fire and it's not pretty. But his grace is always sufficient. He never gives us too much that we can't handle. And through it we become more and more like our Beloved.

No comments:

Post a Comment