Sunday, June 27, 2010

Faith, Hope, Love

http://chelise.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/fhl_1.jpg


This weekend, my old neighbor who lives next to my parent's house had a friend, a guy who raises "award-winning" irises, give him a TON of his irises. Well, my old neighbor had WAY too many, so he asked my mom if she or I would like some of them. I, having the green thumb that I do, said I'll take as many as I can get. We got 41 award-winning irises. It took me two hours to plant them yesterday. I can't wait till next Spring when they bloom! :) One of my good friends lives two houses down from me and my wife, and he's got the "picture-perfect-suburban-lawn" (ewww) and I always joke around with my wife that his yard and flowers are ugly compared to mine. Well, he might have some clean cut grass, but he doesn't have award-winning irises in his yard. 41 of them at that! Yeah, our yard in front of the house looks like a corn field with all of the iris stalks just chillin...

I always feel like a work-in-progress. I have this thing where I don't usually feel like I've accomplished anything. I feel like I just finished some stuff, and then there is some more stuff still to do. But there is hope that one day I will be finished. Like my garden. Like my relationship with Jesus. Like school and work. Like myself. Etcetera. The most important thing in life is worshiping Jesus. We need him bad. We need his love and intimacy. Paul said, "Faith, hope, love; but the greatest of these is love." (1 Corinthians 13:13) We need, crave, desire God's love. We must have intimacy with our Beloved Jesus. We need our identity to come from our relationship with him. Today, spend some time with Jesus and ask him to show you who you are through his eyes. He thinks you are beautiful, wonderful, incredible. There is no one else he would rather listen to talk over coffee, no one he'd rather share a beautiful sunset, go swimming with in the hot summer sun, cuddle with on a winter's eve, or take out on a date to a midnight picnic under the stars than you. Let this free your heart! You are the beloved of the Son of God. You are the one he wants to marry. The one who has captured his heart. Be free from the darkness of this world. And be free from the darkness that's been put into your own heart as well. I really want to write a blog on this, and maybe I will this week, because we've all gone through hardships and pain in this world. And the romance with Jesus offers perfect healing. If you are going through loss, loneliness, pain, or hardships of the heart, let this romance with Jesus cover it and heal it. Give yourself away to Jesus and give away that pain. I know what that's like because I've been there myself. Most of us have. And bare, close intimacy with Jesus' Spirit, opening our hearts to him in surrender, is what we need for healing.

Faith and hope are the other two qualities we need oh so badly in this world. When we live fully with faith that Jesus will one day sweep us, we are not shaken by little things in the world. Who really cares if we get stuck in traffic and are 2 minutes late to work? It's easy to turn the other cheek when we are caught up in ecstasy with the bare intimacy of his Spirit. And we don't fret and worry over the details of tomorrow when our hope is in our marriage with God's Son. Be free from this world and live life today! Be a lamp on a lampstand for others! They need it and we need to live fully alive in our God Jesus Christ. Love freely, live for God and give of yourself to others! Viva la Vida in Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment