Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Falling in Love with God in the Summer

I've started working in our flower garden lately. The other night, I transplanted about 7 perennials from my mom's garden over to ours. She has a beautiful, very extensive flower garden. Unfortunately for her, a neighbor down the street from her house has an even bigger and better one. I like to give my mom a hard time about how inadequate her flower garden is. (hehe) I planted some lilies along with some peppermint, English ivy, Cyprus ivy, and several other plants that I forget their names. And then in a couple of weeks I'm going to weed the grass ridden part of the garden next to our sidewalk to our porch and plant some annuals along the walkway. It should look nice after everything gets settled. Just like me, it's a work in progress :) Ever since I did landscaping a couple of summers ago before I started teaching math, I've had a inclination to gardening and making my lawn look nice.

It's so hot in Oklahoma now. If I wasn't at the office during the day, I'd be hanging out with my wife and daughter at our grandma's pool. Summer and fall are seasons when the romance with God goes from indoors to outdoors for me. I've been loving the hot summer air on the porch when the sun is just setting. Sometimes all that matters is that we are there with the Holy Spirit at the right time and place. We can almost feel him holding us. So close. His presence and his touch is so haunting. I really wonder what it will be like living with Jesus physically here.

I love daydreaming about God all day. What will he say casually to me? I want to hear his voice. I want to know what it feels like when I stop and stare at him because he's so gorgeous while we hang out on the porch. What will it be like going swimming with him? Or walking around the flower garden with him? I'm a self-proclaimed coffee connoisseur. I really want to know what it's like to sit in a gazebo with Jesus in the backyard of our Father's house with a cup of coffee (maybe iced coffee because it's so hot out?) and us talk. I can't wait to see what our Father has in store for us for summer activities. Let alone with the fact that our home will be our Father's (can you imagine what kind of fun we could have in our Father's house?), but we will have everything that's his to have fun with! And we will do it all with Jesus. We are heirs of our Daddy and we are co-heirs with our Beloved Jesus. Which means we get the keys to the Kingdom from our Heavenly Father, under the condition that everything we do is done with our Lover by our side. And it will be fun, it will be an adventure, it will be romance, and it will make our entire selves, body, soul, mind, and spirit, flutter with joy and pleasure at every moment from the immense beauty we take in from Jesus being with us at every moment.

And then vacations with Jesus. I can only imagine what family vacations with God are like. Remember, the earth is ours and God's. Hawaii? Fiji? The Alps? The Mediterranean? Any of those work! When we live with God, our cup will truly overflow. Our Lover will not just give us second best things. What he has planned for life with him is something so grand, is beyond our imaginations; the joy and sheer happiness we will derive from life with him. We will truly say, this is incredible God.

No comments:

Post a Comment