Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Home in God

File:Oat and Poppy Field Giverny.jpeg


My friend and I were talking about economics last night. How the world's economics are based on worth and assets and things being traded for one another. And then how in heaven the only thing that would have worth above value of everything else is just God. And then we have an infinite amount of him :) and there we give and share and reveal what we know about him and discover in each other more of him because we are his image bearers. How wonderful it will be to live in such a world with God! To live with Jesus who loves us oh so much, but at the same time to see him in everyone and for that to be our work and our joy and our pleasure. I see God so much in my wife. I see his incredible beauty in her as a gorgeous landscape reflecting in a still mountain lake. And in heaven, we will be perfected as images of him. We will live in a world of mirrors. All reflecting the beauty and strength of God.

I feel I've had so much exposure to beauty, but barely even know or understand it. Beauty is something that none of us can live without. Men pursue it in their wives. Women exist in it, but struggle with how much of it they have in themselves. It is the very glory of God. Nothing else in creation cuts to the heart like beauty does. Nothing at all. Even a breathtaking landscape has touches of it in itself, but honestly does not measure up to the way women embody God's beauty. Any man will know what I mean when I say that beauty can arrest a man's heart faster than anything else. For good or else. But for good here is what I mean. Is that God's beauty is truly holy, truly special. It's no wonder that men are admonished in the Bible to treat other women in the church as sisters and with all respect. God put his holy beauty into them so that he might reveal more of himself. I want my daughter to grow up knowing she is beautiful because she is an image of God and for that to be her identity. Not some commercial about having great skin tone or some smutty magazine at the checkout counter. The world and Satan and his angels know that cannot destroy God or smear his beauty, but they sure do everything they can do to destroy the images of his beauty. How jealous he must be?! I can see him just looking at my wife or daughter and feeling like a wicked step mother all angry because they could never be beautiful like them and just hates them for it. And their solution? Seduce women into believing his lies. 1) They don't image God, 2) beauty is contained solely in the media or in industry, and 3) make them seriously doubt whether or not they could ever be beautiful even with all the known commercial products available to them. We are coming home to God. And we believe, no we know, we image him. Daughters of God should know they are beautiful because they image him. That's what I want my daughter to believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment