Wednesday, August 4, 2010

In Love

1442584737_a49207bd68.jpg (500×375)

Jesus and us; this love story between God and us was written by John of the Cross which I believe was supposed to be a Spanish free-form version of Song of Songs (the full version can be found here: http://www.ccel.org/ccel/john_cross/canticle.html) I hope this helps you be near to our Beloved God today. Like kissing him in the middle of a street in Turin (like these two above ^)

Spiritual Canticle of the Soul and the Bridegroom, John of the Cross
Stanzas 24-26, 28-32

Our bed is of flowers
By dens of lions encompassed,
Hung with purple,
Made in peace,
And crowned with a thousand shields of gold.

In your footsteps
The young ones run Your way;
At the touch of the fire
And by the spiced wine,
the divine balsam flows.

In the inner cellar
Of my Beloved have I drunk; and when I went forth
Over all the plain
I knew nothing,
And lost the flock I followed before.

My soul is occupied,
And all my substance in His service;
Now I guard no flock,
Nor have I any other employment;
My sole occupation is love.

If, then, on the common land
I am no longer seen or found,
You will say that I am lost;
That, being enamored,
I lost myself; and yet was found.

Of emeralds, and of flowers
In the early morning gathered,
We will make the garlands,
Flowering in Your love,
And bound together with one hair of my head.

By that one hair
You have observed fluttering on my neck,
And on my neck regarded,
You were captivated;
And wounded by one of my eyes.

When You regarded me,
Your eyes imprinted in me Your grace:
For this You loved me again,
And thereby my eyes merited
To adore what in You they saw.


No comments:

Post a Comment