Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Worship: Kissing God and Rainy Day Socks

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgZK1lZ-Mg4hxEcqKTsQj4AHmC0Vkq5RPpvhy3dKaEcgZJn_CZtfGBfz08UgO3mNDIqcllq9pC02s1c5zxeDLTnHbzKyIVzM6c-Gpg6WdV8bR8okIgvGaBlvFPPhy6b1pZAFDrbQQwGkeQ/s400/IMG_9244.JPG
I was talking with my wife about worship the other day and she said, 'Did you know that worship means to kiss God?' I had no idea! But it makes perfect sense. We are having our first intrusion of fall into Oklahoma. It's pouring down rain and the days of 100 degree highs look about over. I've been going through a storm myself with God. It's been hard to be near to him. I find myself sometimes so in need of him that the only thing I can do is get on my knees and just beg him. Beg him for nearness, for closeness, for his embrace, for forgiveness just for being me. I need him. Bad. Last Saturday, I decided to put off my Sabbath until Sunday. And I was outside walking near the garden and I looked up and just could see God walking toward me. Beautiful, gorgeous as always. But sad and upset that I didn't spend the day with him, my Beloved. And I understood in a new way Jesus dying could bring me completely back to God. Incredible. Truly, without Jesus' death on the cross and resurrection, there is no hope for anyone. Jesus Christ is the only way to God. And it's not like we don't already know that, but it's sweet to live it in my own life in relationship with God.

It's a rainy day. And I've felt like it's been rainy inside for a couple days now. So what do we do with our God when it's rainy outside? We stay indoors and play! He loves us so much! And adores every bit of us. When it's a rainy day, we just kiss him, worship him. Love him. We put on our rainy day socks and our pj's and just lounge around with our Lover, our Best Friend, playing games, cuddling, kissing, talking. Life can be hard, let's face it. And when it does get difficult, we can either fall into hopelessness, bitterness, anger, and despair. Or we can just cuddle up with our Love and kiss the rainy day away.

No comments:

Post a Comment