Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Warrior

File:William Blake 003.jpg


The the angel who was speaking to me came forward and said to me, "Look up and see what this is that is appearing." I asked, "What is it?" He replied, "It is a measuring basket." And he added, "This is the iniquity of the people throughout the land." Then the cover of lead was raised, and there in the basket sat a woman! He said, "This is wickedness," and he pushed her back into the basket and pushed the lead cover down over its mouth. Then I looked up-and there before me were two women, with the wind in their wings! They had wings like those of a stork, and they lifted up the basket between heaven and earth. "Where are they taking the basket?" I asked the angel who was speaking to me. He replie, "To the country of Babylonia to build a house for it. When it is ready, the basket will be set there in its place."

Zechariah 5:5-11 (NIV)

Last night, I was brutalized by a fallen angel and demons. I let them get to me. I refused to calm down and rest in Jesus' love. It was late at night and I was doing homework for this Jazz class I'm taking and I couldn't get out of my mind this evil being. And he just threw fear and pain at me. Over and over. I heard the voices in my mind accusing me, "You're a failure. You're a failure as a husband. You're a horrible dad. You sicken me and you don't know God. You know yourself and that's it." And you know those times when you absolutely know it's God, but you just keep listening to the accusations? This was one of them. I felt scared. I am God's beloved. The desire of his heart. When I'm in his love, evil angels can't do anything to me. But I refused to go to him.

But then I fought back. I heard a song that I really liked. It was The Catalyst by Linkin Park. I know, I know, it's Linkin Park. But it was okay to listen to it. And I could just imagine the spiritual war raging around me. Trying to get to me, to destroy me. I could feel God's angels fighting against the fallen angels and the war horribly going on. A brutal, terrible war. Filled with hate. I hate evil. I hate them. I absolutely hate them And if I could, like get ahold of a demon or fallen angel, I would do terrifying things to it. Look at the sin they've enticed humanity into. And the horrific things the earth is filled with. They have a lake of fire prepared for them by God to be tortured in, forever ever after.

I started thinking about my daughter. I thought about how they want her. And how I'm her earthly protector under her Heavenly Father. I felt the angel warriors protecting her. Most of all, above everything and everyone, I felt the Holy Spirit protecting her. I thought about what will happen when she grows up and some greasy teenage boy thinks he can do whatever he wants with her. Not gonna happen. I'm going to fight for her, fight for her future marriage and her husband from God. I'll fight and fight and fight till the very last drop of blood and energy is taken from me. Till my spirit is drained. I'll fight for her. To fight is to live in God's refuge and his love for us in this war. To put on his armor and stand on the frontlines. To take territory from Satan and his evil angels and the demons. We are on a collision course with God returning to take what's his from evil and fallen beings. Angels and humans. It's all his. And we just have to last until we are in his arms. We'll take Satan's shots and let them fall by the wayside. As William Shakespeare wrote:

Cry havoc! And let slip the dogs of war. From Julius Caesar.

Everywhere the war rages. People are hurting everywhere. Let's fight and push back darkness in this war. And bring God's love and healing and restoration to those captured by the world and by Satan and his angels. Victory in this world is soon.

Fallen! Fallen is Babylon the Great which made all the nations drink the maddening wine of her adulteries. - The second angel flying in the sky. Revelation 14:8 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment