Saturday, July 17, 2010

Being Free!

http://blog.gigpark.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Jumping-for-Joy.jpg

One of the hardest things to do consistently is to live free because of Jesus. So often Satan and his angels' big goal is to make us think we are still enslaved. He wants us to think we are in bondage to the world, to ourselves, maybe to some old pain that has not been healed, and in bondage to the situations we so often get ourselves into. And yet that is anything but the truth. Jesus said,

"Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away; for now the winter is past, the rain is over and gone. The flowers appear on the earth; the time of singing has come, and the voice of the turtledove is heard in our land." Song of Songs 2:10-12 (NASB)

and

"How the oppressor has ceased! How his insolence has ceased! The LORD has broken the staff of the wicked, the scepter of rulers, that struck down the peoples in wrath with unceasing blows." Isaiah 13:4-6 (NASB)

"I will go before you and level the mountains, I will break in pieces the doors of bronze and cut through the bars of iron, I will give you the treasures of darkness and riches hidden in secret places, so that you may know that it is I, the LORD, the God of Israel, who call you by your name...I am the LORD, and there is no other; besides me there is no god. I arm you, though you do now know me, so that they may know, from the rising of the sun and from the west, that there is no one besides me; I am the LORD, and there is no other." Isaiah 45:5-6 (NASB)

If only as God's Beloved we could live free all the time, the world would see us and know Jesus. We need to let this verse be our identity, instead of the thousand identities and emotions fallen angels throw at us daily:

"You are the light of the world...No one after lighting a lamp puts it under the bushel basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:14-16 (NASB)

You are the light of the world. You! That's not some universal statement applied only to the whole church, it's also applied to each beloved of God. Tell your heart, I am the light of the world and today I will let my light shine before others so they may see my good works and give glory to our Father in heaven. Be free from all the hurts, pains, and trappings of the heart as well! Remember this verse:

"In that day," declares the LORD, you will call me my Husband; you will no longer call me my Master. Hosea 2:16

That day comes when we finally arrive home to Jesus and we are forever wed to him (Revelation 19:7-9). Let that free you! Knowing that your Prince is on the way! And if the bride imagery of us with God is too much for men, remember that it takes both male and female to image Jesus and he far transcends both. Just read Song of Songs chapters 4 or 7 & 8 and see God's beauty. We are saved, we are redeemed, we are engaged to our Lover, we are children of our Father, and we have the Holy Spirit with us every moment we are here on earth. He will never leave us because he is crazy about us. So today, live free! Delight yourself in Jesus and he will give you your hearts desires (Psalm 37:4) and let others see your light and they will see God's image in you and want to draw near to the Original, Jesus. By doing this, you will fulfill the two commandments that the entire Bible hangs on.

And one of them, a lawyer, asked him a question to test him. "Teacher, which commandment in the law is the greatest?" He said to him, " 'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.' This is the greatest and first commandment. And the second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets." Matthew 22:35-40

No comments:

Post a Comment