Friday, July 23, 2010

Storm's Comin'

File:Chaparral Supercell 2.JPG

I am so nervous right now. I have had an incredible job where I work. I have been given many privileges. I have been really blessed. I have been allowed work my late nights from home. Which has been a tremendous blessing. When I first started at my company, almost two years ago, I was not allowed to work from home but had to work late nights until 11pm. That killed me. I hated being away from my beautiful (then) fiance. And then, after our daughter was born, things started coming up Joel. They let me work those two late nights at home. Now, it's switching back. And I can't, will not, absolutely refuse to go through that again. I will not go to work and come home at 11:30 pm at night (unless God asked me, but I don't believe he has). My dad was always there for me when I was a boy. He always was there for play time, dinner time, bath time, getting ready for bed, and story time. I'm going to do the same with my daughter.

I know above my frayed nerves that Jesus' will is going to be done. None of this caught him off guard. And maybe this is his way of switching us to something else. I don't know. Maybe he is realigning us toward a new goal, a new job. I found a different job that is similar, pays significantly more, and is much more focused on teaching and helping very poor kids who basically do not know how to add and subtract do well in their math classes in high school. And that sounds right up my alley :) I'm applying to it today.

But God's plan endures. And even though I'm nervous, I'm scared and unsure, I know God will protect us and lead us. I love him. He's too beautiful and wonderful. I have always worked hard to provide for my family so they do not have to worry about it; the possibility of not being able to do that, or for that whole system God has built up to come crashing down is scary. As Christians, we can be scared. We can be nervous. It's having our faith rise over that fear and knowing beyond a shadow of a doubt that our Beloved Jesus' plan for us cannot be shaken by worldly events is what we strive for and must do to live free from worry which God has handled.

I would ask you to please keep us in your prayers today. I will be meeting with my boss most likely to sort through this. And I'll know today whether or not I will have my job for the next year while I finish OU or if I need to go pull out a copy of the want ads. Thank you. God bless you and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment