Friday, July 30, 2010

(Not) Taking Care of Ourselves/Book Review pt 1

So I really thought today about how much energy I put towards other things. I keep thinking, saying, writing, and feeling I'm crazy in love with God. But the amount of energy and time I actually pursue God with is drastically different. I say that with shame. My wife and I were praying tonight and we prayed that we would be drawn near to him, for those things we put as "more important" to be put into their place. Being spiritually health is more important thing anything else. Being healthy is just being in joy in worship of our lovely Jesus Christ. I want to spend like 20 minutes every morning just celebrating him :) Raising my hands, jumping up and down, sitting and just letting him wrap his arms around me and feel his wonderful embrace. I need him so badly.

Oh God, you are my God. Early I will seek you. My soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and thirsty land where there is no water. Psalm 63:1

I need to experience that ^ every day. I need a romance with God alive and shining and bright like the noontime sun.

On a different note, I am reading The Trillion-Dollar Conspiracy by Jim Marrs. It is excellent. It is about (what will be) the one world government that will happen in the end times and how the current economic crisis is linked to it. I'm not sure if he's a Christian or not, or if he knows he's talking about the antichrist, but everything else that's currently going on he's right on the money. I'm only about ~35 pages into it, but I give it an A+ for investigative journalism. He takes basically everything from scientific reports to PBS docs and NY Times papers to discuss how America is being basically brought down from the inside by the globalists. Great book and hope to finish it soon! If you want a great in depth discussion (even if you are not a conspiracy theorist or not, you will enjoy it because it's basically so far 95% straight economic discussion on the evil committed by government-big bank collusion), definitely pick up a copy.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend with God's Spirit and joy and rest to you in Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment