Sunday, July 25, 2010

Holding God's Hand

holding_hands_tracks-1.jpg holding hands image by kandee_rox


It's early Sunday morning and I thought I was going to be on Katie patrol, but she decided to go back to sleep. In the process of getting up for her though, I made a pot of coffee and woke myself up. So I'm up for the day :) We've had an interesting weekend. Friday night we had Pei Wei. Which has been my fav asian food place. But I got the Spicy Korean and it was terrible! They got my order wrong and dumped most of a chicken in the box when I just wanted veggies. No good! And then Kayla was hanging out with Kate and left her food on the coffee table right when my parents left. I left the room as well. When we came back, we found her food was gone! Completely gone. We called my parents and asked if they had taken it accidentally. They didn't. We searched for two hours for her food. Maybe someone accidentally put it up? Nope. Our black lab licked it clean and stuffed the box under the couch. Dislike! Then yesterday we drove to Katie's baby class and as we pulled into the parking lot, remembered that baby class was every Saturday a month minus the 3rd Saturday in the month. So we left. Later we went to my wife's friend Heather's house and hung out with her and her fam with Miss Katie. They have three great dogs and Katie loved them! She laughed for 45 minutes straight. It was awesome!! And then we came home and had a lazy Saturday night.

Have you ever seen Marley and Me? It's a wonderful movie about a young married couple and their dog and if you haven't seen it, rent it please! You will cry at the end, promise. But there is this seen where Luke Wilson, the lead actor, is describing what he did that month with 3 second video clips from each thing set to this great music.
-went to the office.
-got the same old paycheck
-came home. went on a walk with my wife and Marley.
-thunderstorm came that night, Marley barked all night.
-Went out to fancy restaurant. Went for a walk on the beach.

It's a short, fun narration of just life with this family. And when my wife and I first got married, she watched this movie with her friends Heather and Karen and they both said to her, "That's your life with Joel and Violet (our black lab)." And the whole thing is us and God and we're living and doing our best to live life to the fullest so we will be alive and our daughter will know what it's like to image a living God. So even after all this time with Jesus, I am still a little child before him. I am still just a heart with legs and all I can really bring to Jesus is that and nothing else. I love him and adore him. And he's so beautiful and wonderful. What will it be like when we are narrating life with him ^ and we're talking about going to the beach, going sledding, went to that nice restaurant of 45th street, went to the west side, went back to the beach to see the sunset. built a sand castle, Jesus built a better one because he's God, went home, looked at God and saw his beautiful face in the moonlight. He stole my breath away.

One of the hardest things when life is going by so fast and we are surrounded by our loves is to draw and keep Jesus in the midst of things. Even though he is, he wants to be in the midst of our hearts. We are like the bad lover who ignores her boyfriend and talks with everyone else in the room as he follows her around to just be near to her. We need to be holding his hand every moment. It is in holding his hand that we feel closest to him and actually live life in the moment. Without him, it all passes us by. And passes us by way too fast. He is our God. Which means we worship him, adore him, crave him, need him. If we don't let ourselves feel those emotions toward him though, we lose our romance with him.

Hold his hand! Be near to him. Spend a moment just cuddling with God and let him hold you. Have intimate moments with Jesus today, who adores and loves every bit of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment