Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Notes from the Underground


So it was late, 1 am, and my wife couldn't sleep. We're hanging out and she thinks it would be a good time to take a solid professional picture for my resume for after I graduate college. I think it turned out pretty well (above ^). I've been wanting to do some just relaxed blogs about life in general with God, so I figured I'd throw one or two in a week. I was amped about last week when Starbucks officially stated that it would have free wi-fi at their stores! Shaweeet! We're going to give it a try a little later today after work I got a bag of their Summer Blend (which is just their usual Gazebo blend renamed) and it's been good to me. I'm planning on picking up the new Starbucks Ethiopia Limu coffee. It looks good. Hopefully it will be!

On another note, my wife and I are currently discussing what is indie. And what is not. I found a ridiculously indie house remix of Death Cab's Soul Meets Body on Youtube:


I contest that this is the most indie house music ever compiled. Most likely by a genius living in either Portland or Seattle or mixes on the side of learning Koina Greek and interpreting Romans and Corinthians by a candle light with a pot of Pike Place Special Reserve Blend on his desk. My wife said, Meh. And then said it was probably made by a 20-something guy with his Casio mixer who is still living in his parent's basement in Dallas. He has been out of work since the beginning of time and has no plans to ever get his life started. And if he drank coffee, it would probably be something like Folger's or Maxwell house. Never Starbucks.

I disagree. And so I am posting it on my blog :p

One last thing. Which is quite possibly one of the most brilliant commentaries ever devised. If you've never seen it before, check it out. It's called Garfield Minus Garfield. Which is Garfield with everything removed except for John. So here he is. John. Alone. And talking to himself.
So funny.

Try Garfield minus Garfield the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment