Monday, July 19, 2010

Post Its [with special guest blogger: my wife! Yay!]

http://goodshoppingday.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/love-note-post-it.jpg



Tonight, we have a very special guest writer: my wifey, Kayla! And without further ado, here is my beautiful wife:


Hello to all of my husband's blog readers! I hope you all are having a wonderful week. Joel asked me to be a "guest blogger" tonight, and I hope that I do not disappoint. I'm not quite as exciting as he is :)

Let me talk to you about the things that image God to me. I'm talking about the things, to me, that confirms all over the place that God exists.

1. My husband & our love story. I don't think that Joel has ever talked about how exactly we met, but it was completely written by God. If he wasn't involved in it, it would not have happened. PERIOD.
2. Being pregnant with a baby & raising her. It is so incredible that all of her little features and body parts are so perfect, and yet she grew inside of me! That is incredible. And when I gave birth to her and saw her for the first time, well, you know a miracle when you see it.
3. The human body. So I took Anatomy in high school, and for some reason it really showed me that God was in fact in control. I mean, I really don't think that all of this could have just come together without his hands controlling it. Our whole bodies were made by him, knit together, and we don't even understand it.
4. Money. Joel works hard so that I can stay at home. We should not be able to make the bills every month & enjoy ourselves. But, we do. God is all over that!
5. And lastly, Nature. Mountains, sand dunes, rivers, stars, wonders of the world, etc. Those are the things that make you feel so incredibly small. And also, that someone must be directing them.

Soo... why do I feel so out of Faith all of the time? Why am I so stuck in business and routine that I can't pick up my Bible and really connect? Why do I have to coach myself to really get into worship some days?

I don't really know the answer. But what I do know is that God loves me. And that I know in my heart that I am his. And at the end of the day, that is enough. I like to think, though, that these things are God's reminders to me personally that he is here & that he is in control. What are your reminders? What is it that you could sit and relish in & hunger to know more about? Hopefully, in desperate times you can remember those things & it will bring you comfort. Comfort in remembering the things that make you child-like in wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment